Updated: September 13, 2022 – Information will be updated as required. Please check back regularly.
Congratulations on being selected as a vendor for the PEI Fibre Festival 2022, we are looking forward to having you! Please read and review information below for all the information you will need for the event.
- Festival & Hotel Info
- Workshops, Lounges & Activities
- Vendor Expectations
- Communication Plan
- Floor Plans
Linda Lowther – The Lowther Group
Bob Andrews – The Lowther Group
*Emergency contact information will be shared with each vendor the week before the event.
Social Media Information
Please follow, like and share our information! The more the word spreads the bigger the event will be and the more successful all vendors will be.
Some suggested hashtags that we will be using for the event:
Dates, Venue, Itinerary & Event Details
Dates: September 23th-25th
The Delta & PEI Convention Centre
18 Queen Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4A1
There are a limited number of rooms blocked for vendors and guests at the Delta Hotels Prince Edward. If the Delta is booked please check our other hotel partners:
Click to make your reservations with one of our hotel partners.
Hotel Partners – PEI Fibre Festival
Festival Hotel Partners:
Delta Hotels Prince Edward
The Great George
The Holman Grand
The Hotel on Pownal
Friday, September 23
Workshops ~ 9am-5pm
Sit, Sip & Stitch Lounge ~ 5pm-11pm
Traditional Ceilidh ~ 7pm-11pm
The Harbour Hullabaloo ~ 7pm
Saturday, September 24
Market ~ 9am-5pm
Workshops ~ 9am-5pm
Fibre Fan Lounge ~ 9am-5:30pm
Sit, Sip & Stitch Lounge ~ 5pm-11pm
Traditional Ceilidh ~ 7pm-11pm
The Harbour Hullabaloo ~ 7pm
Sunday, September 25
Market ~ 9am-12pm
Workshops will be running all day Friday & Saturday. Workshop tickets and detailed schedule can be found here: Workshops & Lectures – PEI Fibre Festival
Fibre Fan Lounge:
The Fibre Fan Lounge will be an area with food, drink, and your favourite fibre podcasters from around the world. Check out the Lounge celebrities here. Tickets for the lounge and full detailed itinerary will be available Monday, April 25.
Sit, Sip & Stitch Lounge:
The upper mezzanine will be open daily as a gathering space for some social stitching with comfortable chairs. At 5pm the lounge will have nibbles and a full service cash bar. The lounge is not ticketed but limited seats will be available. Sample our signature cocktail the Purl & Swurl.
Join us at one of our two entertainment events:
The Fiddling Fisherman Lookout with JJ Chaisson – a Traditional PEI Celtic party! There will be dancing, fiddling, and some East Coast snacks. The Celidh will be held Friday and Saturday at the Fiddling Fisherman Lookout in Souris. For information and tickets, click here.
Harbour Hullabaloo – The Hullabaloo will be held at Beaconsfield Carriage House on Friday and Saturday night. Just a short 12-minute walk from the Delta hotel, this event will bring you songs, stories, and the heritage food of our Island. Celebrate with the multi-talented Pendergast family. For information and tickets, click here.
While you are on Prince Edward Island, we suggest some sightseeing. We will have a suggested list of potential excursions and recommendations on our website to check out, for example:
- Green Gables Heritage Place, Montgomery Park & Cavendish
- Basin Head- Singing Sands Beach
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Lobster Suppers
- Local Music Venues
- Confederation Centre of the Arts
- The Guild
- The Confederation Bridge & Gateway Village
- Exhibitors are asked to please not leave their booths unattended. There will be a vendor hospitality room and booth sitters available for breaks.
- No outside food is allowed at the convention centre. Boxed lunches will be available for sale but must be ordered before the event (more on this later). These lunches will be delivered to each vendor during the market once selections are ordered.
- Please see FAQ for some local recommendations for food & beverage in the area. You will be provided with a list of local restaurants within walking distance from the Fibre Festival.
- Doors for the market floor will open at 9am sharp, both days. See the FAQ for the setup and teardown times.
- Vendors are expected to have enough inventory to last two days at the marketplace. Please complete the Global Convention Services Form if you require delivery, storage, or extra booth equipment. Details and pricing are on the form. Download here.
- Vendors are encouraged to please bring an unreleased pattern, a one-of-a-kind colored fibre, or a special offering for the shoppers & fibre enthusiasts at the Fibre Festival.
- Vendors are expected to make their booths presentable, fun and approachable for shoppers and for promotional pictures for future use. Vendors are encouraged to decorate and use display options that are visually appealing. Please contact us if you have any questions or need advice.
- Andrea and Madeleine Doig, also known as Fruity Knitting and well known podcasters will be here during the Festival and may wish to interview you about your products for future broadcast.
What other vendors will be attending?
Participating vendors are listed on the Festival website: Marketplace – PEI Fibre Festival
What are the setup and teardown times for the market?
- Setup for Saturday market starts on Friday from 2pm-11pm.
- Saturday morning the market will be open to vendors only from 8am-9am.
- Sunday morning inventory restock will happen from 8am-9am. Tear down will begin after the market closes at 12pm.
- There will be security each night until the convention centre closes.
Will vendors have Wi-Fi in the MarketPlace?
Vendors will have access to Wi-fi through the Delta_Conference network. Vendors will be provided the password to this network when they arrive to setup for the MarketPlace.
What local fibre shops are around?
We encourage you to explore the PEI Fibre Trail: https://www.peifibretrail.com or https://peifibrefestival.com/pei-fibre-trail/
What does my booth fee cover?
Your booth fee includes the following:
- Booth space in either 8’ x 8’ or 6’ x 4’ increments.
- 8’ high white draped backwall and 8’ high white draped sidewalls.
- One (1) 6’white skirted table.
- Two (2) chairs.
- Electrical, One (1) 110v, 15-amp, duplex outlet.
Please complete the Global Convention Services Form if you require delivery, storage, or extra booth equipment. Details and pricing are on the form. Download here.
GLOBAL CONVENTION SERVICES
Phone: 1-888-799-EXPO (3976)
Who do I pay and what are my payment options?
Global Convention Services: You will need to pay Global Convention Services for any shipping/storage & display needs. The attached form from Global Convention Services has their payment options attached. Download here.
PEI Fibre Festival: You will need to pay the PEI Fibre Festival for vendor lunches. Payment options are by e-transfer to [email protected] or by cheque payable to PEI Fibre Festival, 3130 Garfield Road, Belfast, PEI C0A 1A0.
Who will be there to help during the market?
The two coordinators will be on site all weekend to assist with anything you may need. We will also have an extensive team of volunteers. They will be wearing a PEI Fibre Festival t-shirt.
Can I attend the Fibre Fan Lounge, Entertainment and Workshops?
You may attend but it’s all first-come, first-served. These are all ticketed events. Tickets will be available online and you will be the first to know. Just remember, there always has to be someone at your booth and booth sitters are only available for short breaks.
Can I ship and store my fibres and what are my display options?
Our partner company, Global Convention Services, offers shipping, delivery, storage, and display options for your items. Please see the attached file to make those arrangements directly with Ken. Download here.
Booth decor is very important for the overall look of the PEI Fibre Festival. We are expecting each vendor to create their own “shop” feeling, to make their booth inviting.
How many people can be expected through the market?
Our projection for this year is 5,000 people.
What is going on next door?
Beside the PEI Fibre Festival in the Convention Centre is PEI Beer Fest. This is a local beer show that happens every year, it is a great way to try many local breweries. PEI Beer Fest starts at 6pm on Friday and is contained in its own area. There should be no overlap but we will have security at the PEI Fibre Festival entrances until everyone is cleared out of the Convention Centre. If you plan to attend PEI Beer Fest, a separate ticket will need to be purchased through their website: https://beerfestpei.com/
Is the venue mobility accessible?
Yes, the Delta is accessible with a ramp and elevators. To get to the Convention Center you will have to take the ramp through the Delta main entrance and go right to the attached Convention Center.
Where can I park?
The Delta offers underground parking for $19 + tax per day. There is very limited street parking in the area.
Where can I unload my inventory?
Unloading is done through Receiving at the back of the Delta. To get to the receiving area, drive down Great George Street towards Confederation Landing & Peakes Quay. Take a right at the roundabout and drive to the back of the Delta, to the receiving doors. Once you are there a member of the Delta team will help you unload your items on a trolley and take them to the Convention Centre.
The Convention Centre has a loading area out front of the main doors for short time parking. There is not a lot of space, so this is only to be used for small deliveries, 15 minutes max.
Where should I eat in the area?
The Festival team will provide you with a list of some suggestions with your itinerary. Due to Delta regulations no outside food is allowed onsite. Delta does have an onsite restaurant called Water’s Edge, open daily from 6:30am-11pm.
What type of transit exists in the area?
PEI does not have Uber but there is a small ride sharing service called Kari. There are many cab companies such as: Yellow, Co-op & City Taxi. PEI cabs do not use meters, they have zones and know the route. They will gladly show you the pricing chart if you are unsure. We also have public transit; the routes and information can be found at: https://t3transit.ca.
What is around the market that I can walk to?
The Delta Convention Centre is in the heart of downtown Charlottetown, right on the waterfront. Out front on the water you will see our 2022 sign, great for that perfect photo-op. On the North East side of the Convention Center, you have one of our marinas with Peakes Quay, a floating dock with great food, drinks, and some shopping. To the South West of the Convention Centre you will find Victoria Park a short walk away. There is a boardwalk with historic war time cannons, a large playing area for children, and Downtown’s only lighthouse.
What are PEI local dishes?
PEI is known for agriculture and seafood. Try the best fish & chips, oysters on the half shell, and of course a lobster roll. We are also known for strawberries/blueberries, potatoes, Island beef, and fresh produce. Try one of our local beers, PEI has a number of great microbreweries.
The Fibre Festival team will be following up with vendors in the next few months with more information on:
- Full itinerary
- Direct phone numbers for event planners (1 week prior to event)
- Ticket sale updates
- Guest appearances
- And more!
Thank you for being a vendor at PEI Fibre Festival 2022!