How to Become a Knitwear Designer – Julie Ann Lebouthillier
Everything you need to know to publish your first pattern.
Maximum participants: 40
Have you ever wanted to learn how to design your own knitting pattern? In this fun class Julie Ann will bring you through everything you need to know to publish your first pattern.
Here is what we’ll be covering in this class:
- How to write your pattern from your sample (Sheet template will be provided)
- Test knitters VS Tech editors and how to get them
- What are the must have tools/softwares/apps: Photo apps, Editing apps, Knitting software, Newsletter and more
- How to publish a pattern on Ravelry
- BONUS: Top tips to post/promote on social media.
Pen and Paper for taking notes. We will provide the handouts.
Tickets are non-refundable except in limited circumstances as described in the Purchase Policy.
Julie Ann Lebouthillier
Julie Ann is the knitwear designer behind Twin Stitches Designs and just can’t get enough of sock knitting. She is passionate about helping other knitters find their love of knitting through tutorials, Instagram and her published patterns.
A knitter with over 10 years of experience as well as designing patterns for over 4 years and in that short amount of time, has over 130 published patterns. As well she been featured in Knit Picks, Yarniverse, The Knitters Planner and collaborated with others such as We Are Knitters, Hobbii, Knit Picks, Lion Brand, Create Room just to name a few.