- Oct 06
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
High Class Finishing Techniques – Faina Goberstein
Maximum participants: 30
All parts of a sweater done. What’s next? Learn how to make your project even more beautiful with correct finishing steps. Different blocking methods, seams, alternative method of picking up stitches for neckline, button bands and other edges, knit and purl 3-needle bind offs, collar shaping for best results and much more. If you do it right, you will love your sweater.
Homework swatches, worsted-weight yarn, double pointed needles, crochet hook, tapestry needle, safety pins, markers.
With worsted and light-coloured yarn make 4 swatches in St. st. as follows:
- CO 30 sts. Row 1: Sl1 wyf, purl to last st, k1. Row 2: Sl1 wyf, bring yarn to back, knit to end.
- Repeat these 2 rows until piece measures 3″/7.5 cm. Bind off all sts.
- Block the swatch.
With worsted and light-coloured yarn make 2 swatches as follows:
- CO 20 sts. Row 1: Sl1 wyf, bring yarn to back, knit to end.
- Repeat this row until piece measures 2″/5 cm. With waste yarn work 2 more rows. Do not bind off.
- Put sts on waste yarn and block your swatches. Place sts back on needle in class or before.
Tickets are non-refundable except in limited circumstances as described in the Purchase Policy.
Faina Goberstein is the name behind FGDesigns. This brand offers a collection of patterns of flattering and wearable knitwear using a wide variety of textures and shapes. Faina stays true to her vision to design garments and accessories that can be worn by all with elements that keep a knitter interested. Faina is an author of three books and is a contributor for other publications. She teaches in person at various venues and has multiple online classes on Craftsy.com, Interweave.com, and more.
Faina has been a knitting classes instructor since 2004. Venues: Vogue Knitting Live 2015-present, Interweave Yarn Fest 2017-present, Yarnover, Minnesota, Red Alder 2022, Rhinebeck, NY, guilds and LYS in the USA, Sweden, Denmark, Israel.