- Oct 07
Time3 hour workshop
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Hello Cinderella: Intarsia Beginner – Lucy Neatby
Maximum participants: 22
What is intarsia knitting? How does this technique allow you to paint with yarn? Preparation for knitting; the key to serene working. Reading and improving charts. Planning a strategy to tackle your project. Establishing the first row. Dealing with tails and tangles. Which ends should be knitted in, which are better darned in. Linking yarns. Coping with horizontal colour jumps. Surgical removal of mistakes and rescue tactics.
- A pair of needles (ideally straight) US 4 or 5 (3.5 – 3.75 mm)
- Darning needles; blunt and semi-sharp
- A bag of part balls of yarn, in six or more solid colours (preferably wool and wool blends), in mainly DK/Sport (6st per inch) weight or heavier.
- Ruler or sticky notes
- Usual knitting paraphernalia
- Markers or coloured pencils (optional)
Tickets are non-refundable except in limited circumstances as described in the Purchase Policy.
Lucy Neatby is an internationally recognized teacher, designer, and writer who thrills knitters around the world with her inimitable charm, knowledge, and uniquely colourful designs. Her passion for nurturing and empowering knitters, and putting them in control of their art, is legendary! She is the author three books: Cool Socks Warm Feet, Cool Knitters Finish in Style, A Little Book of BIG Holes for Hand-knitters! and the Learn with Lucy DVD series (16 titles).