Prince Edward Island Fibre Festival Inc. COVID-19 Policy
Prince Edward Island is moving forward with a step-by-step plan to ease public health measures over the coming weeks and months as we transition out of a public health state of emergency and learn to live with COVID-19.
Organizers of the PEI Fibre Festival are committed to keeping our community safe. All Fibre Festival 2022 instructors, attendees, exhibitors, market-goers, volunteers, third-party vendors, and staff will be required to follow all COVID-19 restrictions as directed by the Chief Public Health Office that will be in place during the festival.
On February 23, 2022, the province of Prince Edward Island released it’s COVID-19 transition plan which can be found here, Moving On – Transition Plan to Living with COVID-19 | Government of Prince Edward Island.
Dates for each step of the transition plan will be confirmed prior to estimated start date.
Step 3 of the transition plan is estimated to begin on June 3, 2022 and includes:
- Masks are no longer required in public transit but are still recommended
- Masking is still required in certain high-risk settings, including hospitals, long-term care and community care homes.
- Gathering limits removed
- No organized gathering limits
- Receptions and dances may operate at full capacity
- Businesses may operate at full capacity
- No Vax Pass program
- No isolation for travelers
- No screening or testing at any of the PEI points of entry
- Federal border measures may apply
It is the responsibility of all travelers to check both the federal and any provincial or territorial restrictions and requirements before traveling.